Thank you for taking the time to apply for a visitor program! We’ll be in touch soon to let you know if you’ve been accepted.
The following accommodations are available for visitors accepted to attend a Dancing Rabbit Visitor Program. Once you receive confirmation that you’ve been invited to a visitor program, you’ll have a chance to reserve lodging for yourself during your visit.
Come stay in the Milkweed Mercantile, a beautiful climate-controlled strawbale building, which is now owned and operated by a worker cooperative!
Accommodations are available for one or two weeks for participants in Dancing Rabbit’s Official Visitor Program. Stays for fewer than seven days do not qualify for these specially discounted rates.
Your stay includes:
- Super comfortable beds
- Fresh linens once a week (sheets and towels)
- Free wifi
- Two impeccably clean showers (one accessible) utilizing collected rainwater
- Two odorless composting toilets (one accessible)
- Upstairs lounge with couch, armchair, table & chairs, books, games, hardwood floor for yoga, etc.
- Ample electricity (the Mercantile generates its own solar and wind power, and is hooked up to the Dancing Rabbit power grid).
- Potable drinking water (water at the Mercantile is rainwater that has been filtered and treated with UV light. It consistently passes Health Department inspections).
NOTE: Breakfast is not included in this special rate. All meals (including breakfast) are included in the Visitor Program fees.
View photos of the rooms here: http://www.milkweedmercantile.com/rooms
One guest, $50 per night (min. 7 nights) plus a one-time cleaning fee of $30.
$10 per night for each additional guest.
Half of full room amount is due upon reservation, the rest due upon check-in. Because of the steeply discounted rate we are not able to provide refunds for early departures.
email@example.com with questions or for reservations. We look forward to meeting you!
Itty Bitty Cabins
Three, 1‐room cozy cabins!
Stay out of the rain and away from the ticks in a comfortable Itty Bitty Cabin at Dancing Rabbit.
Your stay in an Itty Bitty Cabin includes:
• One sleeping cot per cabin
• A fan
• An outlet for charging cell phones, ipods, computers, etc.
• Smoke detector
• Wireless Internet (occasionally unavailable for 1‐2 hours every few days)
*Price varies based on stay, starts at $9 a night
The Gnome Dome
This partly underground earthbag abode is now available!
• Extremely small. Space to think, sleep, be. Ideally only suitable for one person, although it has wintered
two. Bed is 6’2” long.
• Extremely quaint. Built into a prairie hillock, could just as well be called the hobbit hole!
• Extremely comfortable. Wired with electric. Custom bed, desk, skylight, stove. Cool when it’s hot. Storm-proof.
This unit is currently available and comfortable, but it is unfinished.
Rates: Range from $14 – $35 per night based on length of stay.
Skyhouse Guest Room
170 sq/ft private room on second story of a strawbale house
• Double Bed ‐sheets and blankets provided or feel free to bring your own
• Loft available for additional sleeping space
• Bathroom with shower and composting toilet down the hall
• Electricity available but please conserve. Wifi available.
• Families with children welcome (generally no more than 4 people in the room); No Pets; No Smoking
Rates: Sliding scale $35‐50/night or $150‐250/week. An added $5 per additional person/per night or $30 per additional person/per week
Private room in a shared family home with many interesting architectural features including advanced framing, earthen berms, and high efficiency heating & cooling. Rental includes bedding, blankets, bathroom, electricity, high-speed internet with wifi, and use of the common living room and dining spaces.
Rates: $50/night; $150/wk; single or double occupancy.
Room is furnished with a double bed, ample desk, bookshelves, a full closet, and a window fan with cross-ventilation.
Rentals must be confirmed and paid prior to arrival. To book, contact Cob at firstname.lastname@example.org
Payment by Paypal or online invoice.
No pets, other than the friendly dog who already lives here, and of course no smoking. Small children welcome, but let’s chat first to make sure our arrangements will work for you and your family!
Timberframe 2nd Story Space
Make yourself at home with us in this beautiful natural built home!
As a guest, you’ll stay in the 225 sqft master bedroom. Enjoy a meditation loft and separate entrance from a 75 sqft deck overlooking the Missouri Prairie. You’ll enjoy the stunning sunrises which come over the prairie landscape each morning!
The master bedroom comes furnished with a double bed, writing desk and chair, plush silk floor rug, and hanging rack for your clothing. Bed linens, fan, heat, electricity, and wireless internet are included with rental.
Rates: Bedroom rented by single: $35/night, $200/week
Bedroom rented by couple: $50/night, $300/week
Sorry, no pets or smoking (indoors or outdoors on the property) please. People with cat allergies may have issues being here – some people react to our cats’ dander, while others do not.
We look forward to meeting you! – Jennifer