Come Visit & Experience Sustainable Community Living First Hand!
Are you interested in exploring whether Dancing Rabbit is the right place for you to create a sustainable life for yourself?
Do you want to experience daily life at Dancing Rabbit to learn how you can be more sustainable in your current life?
If you answered yes to either of these questions, then we encourage you to learn more about our visitor program and consider coming for a 1-3 week visit.
What’s a visitor program like?
- You’ll usually be joined by 10-14 other people in your Visitor Session.
- You can stay for just the first week or the whole session (an entire session is strongly encouraged for those interested in moving to Dancing Rabbit).
- There will be workshops to help you learn about life at Dancing Rabbit and to help you see all the things we are doing to live sustainably. Workshops include information about:
- Natural and green construction
- Alternative currency
- Renewable energy
- Inner sustainability & communication skills
- Ecovillage decision-making and governance
- And much more!
- Helping out with building, gardening, food processing, cooking, dish washing and other daily tasks is part of the experience. Some of the best connections you’ll have during your time here will come as a result of sharing work with us!
- We also like to have fun, relax, hang out, play sports, and sometimes have parties, game nights, or talent shows. If you play an instrument or sing, you might find an enthusiastic and participatory audience.
- The Visitor Program is offered through our educational nonprofit organization, for a set cost.
- Visitors that register to attend the visitor program can choose from a wide range of accommodation options that include:
- Bringing your own tent and camping on Dancing Rabbit’s land at no extra cost.
- Renting a tent from us and camping on Dancing Rabbit’s land.
- Staying in privately owned, small, simple 3-season cabins, some with electricity and some without. These options range in price depending on the number of people in your party and the length of your stay.
- Staying in privately owned, beautiful 4-season natural buildings. These options range in price depending on your length of stay.
2017 Visitor Program Schedule:
Session 1: April 16 – 30 (2 weeks) 9 spots remaining
Session 2: May 21 – June 4 (2 weeks) 9 spots remaining
Session 3: June 25 – July 9 (2 weeks) 9 spots remaining
Session 4: July 30 – August 13 (2 weeks) 12 spots remaining
Session 5: September 3 – 17 (2 weeks) Women-Only 15 spots remaining
Session 6: October 8 – 29 (3 week session) 14 spots remaining
Get your application now, as our visitor sessions almost always fill up – and sometimes very quickly!
If you are interested in visiting one of our neighboring communities, Sandhill Farm or Red Earth Farms, you should write them separately and mention that you would like to coordinate with your visit to DR.