Do you want to discover the magic of living communally?
Request an application before programs fill up so you can join our community for a sustainable living immersion!
Discover Sustainable Community Living Firsthand!
- Natural buildings and green construction
- Renewable energy
- Permaculture design & organic gardening
- Inner sustainability & communication skills
- Ecovillage decision-making and governance
- The differences of communes, intentional communities, and ecovillages
- 280 acres, gorgeous swimming pond, walking trails…
- And much more!
Learn How To Live Lightly In Community
- Come along and spend up to two weeks diving deep into sustainable living with 8 – 15 other people in your Visitor Session.
- Join us and immerse yourself in informative and hands-on workshops where you learn about life at Dancing Rabbit Ecovillage.
- Learn the ways we are changing our lives to live sustainably and how you can too.
- Create community with us by helping out with various tasks like natural building projects, organic & permaculture gardening & farming, food processing, cooking, and other daily activities.
- Delight in the amazing connections you’ll make during your time here simply by sharing work with us!
- Become an insider and join us while we have fun, relax, hang out, play sports, and sometimes have parties, game nights, or talent shows. If you play an instrument or sing, you might find an enthusiastic and participatory audience!
Located in Dancing Rabbit Ecovillage
Dancing Rabbit Ecovillage, nestled in the rolling hills of Northeast Missouri, is one of the most well-known and successful ecovillages in the United States, and one of the few in the Midwest. Founded in 1997, DR is home to many excellent examples of sustainable eco-living. Plus the stars at night are amazing. You can check out the rest of our website to learn more about our ecovillage.
Sign Up Now To See What Living Lightly Is All About!
Last Chance to Visit This Year!:
October 9-23, 2022 (2 weeks): 2 spots left!
Come Visit Us Next Year!:
April 28th – May 13th, 2023 (2 weeks): 24 remaining adult spots & 4 remaining kid spots
June 16th – July 1st, 2023 (2 weeks): 25 remaining adult spots & 4 remaining kid spots
August 11th – 26th, 2023 (2 weeks): 25 remaining adult spots & 4 remaining kid spots
October 6th – 21st, 2023 (2 weeks): 25 remaining adult spots & 4 remaining kid spots
The course fee includes camping accommodations in Dancing Rabbit’s wooded campground. Platforms for tents are provided, along with a composting toilet and access to showers in the Dancing Rabbit Community Building.
Indoor accommodations are available to rent during the course for an additional fee. We have several options: rooms in cabins, private homes, and the bed & breakfast. Email us after you register to see what’s still available.