Part of Dancing Rabbit’s mission is to share with the world what we’re doing. We welcome visitors to come and see us! We offer a variety of ways you can visit our village, from a two-hour guided tour to a three-week in-depth Visitor Program experience to a multi-month internship. Look over the options below and see which might work best for you. We have lots of scheduled visitors each year and cannot accommodate drop-ins, so please be sure to make arrangements before your visit.
When you visit, we encourage you to take images and ideas away to share with others. However, we have some protocol around photography and other types of media. Please read our Media Policy beforehand.
Ways to Visit Dancing Rabbit:
- Tours We offer tours of our village on the second and fourth Saturdays of the month, April through October. Special tours for other dates and times can be arranged. See our Tours page to learn more.
- Annual Open House Dancing Rabbit holds an Open House and Village Fair each year in September.
- DR Visitor Program If you are exploring the possibility of membership at Dancing Rabbit, we strongly encourage you to participate in our Visitor Program.
- Work Exchange/Internship If you’re interested in spending a month or more working on a project at Dancing Rabbit, see our Work Exchange page to find out more about work exchange and internship opportunities.
- The Milkweed Mercantile Eco inn Here you’ll stay in a straw bale building, shower with (filtered) rainwater, dine on delicious organic, locally-produced food. All room rates include a full breakfast. Children are welcome!
- Classes, Workshops, and Events Members of Dancing Rabbit, as well as CSCC (the nonprofit branch of the village), host workshops, classes, and other events. See our Workshop and Events page to find out more about upcoming opportunities to visit and learn.
Overnight Visiting If none of the options above work for you, it might be possible to stay for a few days as the guest of a member Host. Send us an email and we will see if we can match you up with a Host. There is also a privately owned bed and breakfast inn here at Dancing Rabbit, The Milkweed Mercantile.