Come celebrate and experience Dancing Rabbit Ecovillage’s
Annual Open House Saturday, September 9, 2017
FREE tours begin every half hour between 1:00 and 4:00 p.m.
Dancing Rabbit was founded in 1997 to find out how people can live rich, vibrant lives while leaving an ecological footprint that our planet can sustain. Come learn about sustainable living and see all that we have created.
There will be loads of friendly Dancing Rabbit members to answer your questions, a Village Fair selling unique crafts and goods and some complimentary refreshments. What’s not to like?
This is your opportunity to:
- See alternative building methods such as straw bale and cob up close and personal! Ask questions of the builders themselves – we love to talk about our buildings.
- Tour an organic garden and chat with some of our gardeners.
- Learn about renewable energy and how we power our village with the sun and the wind.
- Be amazed that 70 people can share 3 cars, a truck, and a tractor and feel good about it!
- Understand more about sustainable and cooperative living.
- Drink (filtered) rainwater, and learn about our water catchment systems.
- Discover more about how we are making the world more sustainable.
- Find out the top ten most misunderstood things about Dancing Rabbit!
We’ll also have a Village Fair with unique crafts and goods from our ecovillage members and neighbors, plus complimentary refreshments.
Comfortable walking shoes are highly recommended. It’s probably no surprise that carpools are encouraged. See our website for more information and for biking or driving directions.
You can also find this event on Facebook. Please invite your friends!
Dancing Rabbit Ecovillage is an intentional community and nonprofit outside Rutledge, in northeast Missouri, focused on demonstrating sustainable living possibilities. Find out more about us by visiting our website, reading our blog, or emailing us.