Learn About Sustainable House Construction Natural & Green Building Internships Summer & Fall of 2013
Imagine an alternative construction internship where…
- you gain hands-on knowledge of natural and green building construction methods.
- you can live your values demonstrating ecological sustainability.
- you experience and help promote a viable and ecologically sustainable alternative to hazardous and damaging construction practices.
Does this sound desirable to you? If so, then you should apply to be an intern at Dancing Rabbit Ecovillage! Click to read more about our internships and see what projects are accepting applications.
If you are in a hurry to join us, fill out the form to the right to get an internship application.
Otherwise, read on to learn more.
Incredible Access to Sustainable House Building Expertise and Hands-On Experience!
“My Internship experience at Dancing Rabbit Ecovillage was incredible! I am still amazed that all these different people do this day in and day out! An internship here provides access to expertise and hands-on experience in loads of different areas of natural building. People here are all geared toward the same goal of sustainability. It’s good to see such cohesion! It’s very nice to feel a part of something so beautiful.”
2010 Natural Building Intern, Appropriate Technology Senior
You’ll work with Eco Building Pioneers to Learn About:
Natural & Green Building Materials
- Local and reused lumber and wood siding
- Insulated concrete forms
Ecobuilding Techniques & Sustainable Building Methods
- Straw Bale
- Earth & Lime Plaster
- Earthen Floors
- Light Clay Straw
- Adobe Brick
- Timber Frame
- Post and Beam
- Earth Bag
- Rubble Trench
Ecological Design Principles
- Passive Solar
- Natural Insulation
- Thermal Mass
- Convection Heating
- Permaculture Principles
- Natural Ventilation Flows
- Natural Lighting Design
- Pedestrian Scale Design
Sustainable & Alternative Building Systems
- Off-Grid Solar and Wind Power
- Rainwater Catchment and Reclamation
- Radiant Heating
- Thermondynamic Principles
- Rocket and Cob Stoves
- Solar Domestic Hot Water
- Organic Edible Landscape Design
- Compost Systems
Apply now for an internship that provides you with the education you are looking for!
Inspired to Apply Natural & Green Building Skills in Career of Architecture!
“My natural building internship was an exciting and varied work environment. I was constantly doing different things. I felt inspired throughout the internship because there was always something new to learn and do! Everything that I’d learned at the work site will definitely be useful for me in my life as an architect. I can apply the knowledge learned in this internship to any project that I build.”
2010 Natural Building Intern, Architecture Sophomore
Are you ready to transform the world with Sustainable Building?
- Do you want to be part of the ecological solution rather than contributing to the problem?
- Are you looking for ways to make a significant ecological impact on the world?
- Are you ready to pursue a life path that speaks to your heart, your mind, and your conscience?
- Are you interested in a engaging in work that furthers the growth of ecologically-focused construction methods?
If you answered yes to these questions, you should fill out an application to be a construction intern at Dancing Rabbit.
This Internship Delivered the Goods!
“I would do this Natural Building Internship again! There’s still so much to learn. We covered lots of different skills during my time on the project; copper pipes, radiant tubes, electrical, earthen and lime plaster, brick laying, and timber framing. I’ll take with me loads of knowledge in woodworking, rubble trench foundations, natural building, people and management, and different ways of doing things…. It was definately a valuable experience!”
2010 Natural Building Intern, Mechanical Engineering Senior