Sustainable Construction Careers & Green Building Jobs
Imagine green building jobs where…
- People share your ecological values
- You get to build relationships directly with the people who benefit from your work
- You will learn and grow (personally and in your career), within a supportive ecological community
Does this sound desirable to you?
If so, we would love to have you joining our construction efforts at Dancing Rabbit Ecovillage, either as a seasonal work exchanger, or as a member of our community!
If you are in a hurry you can just fill out the form to the right to get your application.
Otherwise, read on to learn more.
Do You Have Experience And Enthusiasm For Green Construction?
- Do you have green construction or natural building experience?
- Are you tired of the constraints of building and zoning codes?
- Are you interested in a natural building job that supports the growth of an ecologically-focused community?
- Are you looking for a sustainable life style that allows you more freedom and sense of community?
- Are interested in relocating to an ecovillage with a very low cost of living, two neighboring eco farms, and a rapidly growing population of people wanting green homes?
- Are you interested in creating income for yourself by building natural homes that you can easily rent to people who are moving to our community?
Our Need For Green Builders Is Growing Rapidly:
Since we acquired land in 1997 we have been growing at a steady and impressive rate:
- Our population has been doubling every 4 to 5 years.
- Our building infrastructure has been doubling about every 4 years.
- We’ve been averaging 3 new building start ups per year for the last 5 years.
To continue this growth, we need your help to build:
- 15 – 25 new green buildings in the next five years.
Are you interested in helping our communities building efforts while forwarding your green building carrer?
We are regularly looking for people with experience and interest in the following areas :
- passive solar design
- foundation design
- solar hot water design work
- renewable energy electrical system design and installation
- rocket stove design and creation
- electerical wiring
- plumbing system design and installation
- using reclaimed lumber
- using reused, reclaimed, and seconds for windows and doors
- timber frame construsction
- post and beam construction
- straw bale construction
- earth and lime plaster
- cob & bale cob
earth bag construction