You Can Experience Sustainable Living First Hand – Come For A Visit!
The Visitor Program is designed for those who want to experience life at Dancing Rabbit in a more in-depth way. The program includes tours, workshops, work projects, fun events, and opportunities to get to know folks who currently live here. If you are exploring the possibility of membership at Dancing Rabbit, we strongly encourage you to participate in our Visitor Program.
The Visitor Program is offered through our non-profit organization, DR, Inc. with a sliding scale fee. Fees range from $300 to $600 for the three-week program.
The 2013 Visitor Program dates are as follows:
- Session 1: April 15 – May 5 (3 weeks)
- Session 2: May 20 – June 9 (3 weeks)
- Session 3: June 24 – July 14 (3 weeks)
- Session 4: August 26 – September 15 (3 weeks)
- Session 5: October 7 – October 20 (2 weeks)
What’s a Visitor Program Like?
- Visitor groups are usually 8-12 people, some coming for 1 week and some staying for 3.
- The first week is heavily focused on workshops, so you can learn more about Dancing Rabbit and see all of the things we are doing to live sustainably.
- The second and third weeks are less structured, to help you get a better sense of what day to day life is like.
- Helping out with cooking, dish washing and other daily tasks is part of the experience. Some of the best connections happen while sharing work!
- Most visitors camp during their stay. There are occasionally indoor spaces for rent, so let us know if you’re interested in that option.
- We also like to have fun, relax, hang out, play sports, and sometimes have parties, game nights, or talent shows. If you play an instrument or sing, you might find an enthusiastic and participatory audience.
- If you are interested in visiting one of our neighboring communities, Sandhill Farm or Red Earth Farms, you should write them separately and mention that you would like to coordinate with your visit to DR.
How To Apply for the Visitor Program
Write us a letter via email using our contact form. In your letter, tell us briefly about yourself, why you’re interested in visiting Dancing Rabbit, and which Visitor Session you’d like to attend. We’ll then send you a questionnaire to fill out with more detailed information. Once you send that back, our Visitor Team will be in touch with you.