Come Visit & Experience Sustainable Living First Hand!
Are you interested in exploring whether Dancing Rabbit is the right place for you to create a sustainable life for yourself?
Do you want to experience daily life at Dancing Rabbit to learn how you can be more sustainable in your current life?
If you answered yes to either of these questions, then we encourage you to learn more about our visitor program and consider coming for a 1-3 week visit.
What’s a visitor program like?
- You’ll usually be joined by 8-12 other people in your Visitor Session.
- You can stay for just the first week or for the whole 3 weeks (3 weeks strongly encouraged for those interested in moving to Dancing Rabbit).
- There will be workshops to help you learn about life at Dancing Rabbit and to help you see all the things we are doing to live sustainably. Workshops include information about:
- Natural and green construction
- Alternative currency
- Renewable energy
- Inner sustainability & communication skills
- Ecovillage decision-making and governance
- And much more!
- Helping out with building, gardening, food processing, cooking, dish washing and other daily tasks is part of the experience. Some of the best connections you’ll have during your time here will come as a result of sharing work with us!
- We also like to have fun, relax, hang out, play sports, and sometimes have parties, game nights, or talent shows. If you play an instrument or sing, you might find an enthusiastic and participatory audience.
- The Visitor Program is offered through our educational nonprofit organization, with a sliding scale fee. Fees range from $175 to $250 for the 1-week program and $325 to $500 for the 3-week program (partial scholarships available for those needing financial assistance).
- You have a wide range of accommodation options that include:
- Bringing your own tent and camping on Dancing Rabbit’s land at no extra cost.
- Staying in privately owned, small, simple 3-season cabins, some with electricity and some without. These options range from $7-$45 per night depending on the number of people in your party and the length of your stay.
- Staying in privately owned, beautiful 4-season natural buildings. These options range from $18-$50 per night depending on your length of stay.
2015 Visitor Program Schedule:
We are still determining dates for 2015 visitor programs. We will have the schedule posted on this webpage by January 2015.
Request your application today!
Write us a letter via email using our contact form. In your letter, tell us briefly about yourself, why you’re interested in visiting Dancing Rabbit, and which Visitor Session you’d like to attend. We’ll then send you a questionnaire to fill out with more detailed information. Once you send that back, our Visitor Team will be in touch with you.
If you are interested in visiting one of our neighboring communities, Sandhill Farm or Red Earth Farms, you should write them separately and mention that you would like to coordinate with your visit to DR.