Annual Open House and Village Fair
Dancing Rabbit Ecovillage’s Open House is on Saturday, September 21, 2013 1-4pm! Come meet a group of people striving to model a way of life that can help sustain our planet for future generations. Learn about simple practices you can apply at home to live more lightly on the planet. We’d like to show you just how radical and realistic sustainable living can be!
Invite your friends to this event on Facebook
FREE tours begin every half hour between 1:00 and 4:00 p.m.
During Open House, we offer free comprehensive tours to explore inside and outside many of the varied buildings throughout the village. Knowledgeable tour hosts will guide you through Dancing Rabbit’s philosophy and covenants. Don’t forget to bring drinking water and wear a pair of comfortable shoes!
This is your opportunity to:
- See alternative building methods such as straw bale and cob up close and personal! Ask questions of the builders themselves – we love to talk about our buildings.
- Tour an organic garden and chat with some of our gardeners.
- Learn about renewable energy and how we power our village with the sun and the wind.
- Be amazed that 70 people can share 3 cars, a truck, and a tractor and feel good about it!
- Understand more about sustainable and cooperative living.
- Drink (filtered) rainwater, and learn about our water catchment systems.
- Discover more about how we are making the world more sustainable.
- Find out the top ten most misunderstood things about Dancing Rabbit!
We’ll also have a Village Fair with unique crafts and goods from our ecovillage, plus complimentary refreshments.
We look forward to seeing you!
Accessible parking available.