DR Member Blogs and Links You Might Find Helpful
- Ecovillage Musings Long-time Dancing Rabbit member Alline Anderson shares her views of ecovillage life.
- Hardcore Sustainable: Find out how one DR member lives by following farmer and builder Dan Durica on his YouTube channel as he tells how he implements sustainable systems in his life in an ecovillage.
- The Year of Mud Written by Ziggy, who writes about his experiences learning to live more sustainably and self-sufficiently here at DR, and featuring a schedule of new Natural Building Workshops.
- Clawing Our Way to Sustainable The blog & website of the Critter Collective.
- Intentional Community Coz Coz writes what it’s like to live in community for the first time.
- The Home Front Fight From Fallujah to DR, former Marine and new Dancing Rabbit resident, Lucas, writes about his new experiences.
- Dan’s DR Blog Gardener and builder Dan Durica covers natural building, gardening, and sustainable living skills.
- Budgeting with the Bushmans Bobbie Bushman, part the first wave of DR’s “satellite” community, writes about debt-free and sustainable living.
- Sky Talk at Lagomorph Written by Cecil Scheib, Tony Sirna, Jacob Corvidae and Jeffrey Harris, all of whom lived (or live) at Dancing Rabbit Ecovillage.
- A Passion for Green Business An occasional blog by Alline Anderson, owner of the Milkweed Mercantile, on changing the world by changing the way the world does business.
- Sustainablog Blog by eco-innovator and DR Board member Jeff McIntire-Strasburg.
- The Ecolyte New resident, SunGee, documents her experience with moving to and living at Dancing Rabbit.
- Our Ecovillage Adventure Family of three moves from Chicago to Dancing Rabbit to live a more sustainable life.
Together we make up what we call the “Quad-Communities.”
- Sandhill Farm, our friends and neighbors 3 miles down the road.
- Red Earth Farms, our friends and neighbors next door.
- The Possibility Alliance (no web site)
28408 Frontier Lane, La Plata, MO 63549 Telephone: 660-332-4094
A car-free, petroleum-free, and electricity-free community striving to raise a new level of awareness regarding sustainable, cooperative, and compassionate living. Home of the Super Hero bike ride.
- Fellowship for Intentional Community – a great place to find out about all sorts of intentional communities.
- Federation of Egalitarian Communities – a network of income sharing egalitarian communities.
- Global Ecovillage Network – info on ecovillages worldwide.
- Green America – Formerly known as Co-op America, Green America is a not-for-profit membership organization founded in 1982. Its mission is to harness economic power—the strength of consumers, investors, businesses, and the marketplace—to create a socially just and environmentally sustainable society.
If you’re interested in DR you might look into these other communities. Many of the people who visit us also visit these other places. You might also want to visit the other Nearby Communities.
- Earthaven – Ecovillage in North Carolina
- Twin Oaks – Large, 40 year old income sharing community in Virgina
- Emerald Earth – Eco community in northern California
- Abundance Ecovillage – Fairfield, Iowa
- La Cité Écologique – Ecovillage in New Hampshire
- Ecovillage Ithaca – Ecovillage in Ithaca, New York
- Los Angeles Ecovillage – an urban Ecovillage in southern California
- Lost Valley – Community and education center in Oregon
- Sirius Community – Community with ecological focus in Massachusetts
Products and Services
- Community Bookshelf – Run by the Fellowship for Intentional Community, Bookshelf is the resource for books on communication, community living, and much, much more.
- FIC Communities Directory – the essential reference tool for those interested in finding or creating community, as well as listings for over 1,250 communities, it includes a set of useful articles about finding, joining, and starting communities, and an overview of the history and tools of shared living.
- Real Goods – The source and resource for sustainable living products.
- Sustainablog – Eco-Friendly Products & choices for greener living.
- Green America’s Green Pages – Formerly known as Co-op America, Green America is a not-for-profit membership organization founded in 1982. It’s mission is to harness economic power—the strength of consumers, investors, businesses, and the marketplace—to create a socially just and environmentally sustainable society.
- Within Reach Movie and Blog – Searching for a better way to live their lives, Mandy and Ryan bicycled 6,530 miles and visited 100 sustainable communities, filming and interviewing the whole way.
- Communities – Life in Cooperative Culture is the premier magazine about living cooperatively, and applying cooperative lessons to everyday life.
- Ode Magazine – News for Intelligent Optimists.
An advertising-free look at what is happening around the world.
- Yes! Magazine – Powerful Ideas, Practical Actions Advertising-free and beautifully-written, Yes! is filled with ideas for positive solutions. From author David Korten and friends.
- Orion Magazine – Gorgeous Photography, insightful writing by today’s best writers.
- Home Power Magazine – resources for home scale alternative energy.
- BackHome Magazine – do-it-yourself information on sustainable, self-reliant living.
- New Money for Healthy Communities – local currency
- Home Energy magazine – information, news and resources on alternative energy
- Rustle the Leaf – an enlightening and amusing online comic with an ecological and progressive focus.
- Permaculture Activist – Everything you ever needed to know about permaculture, from friends of DR Peter Bane and Keith Johnson.