Dancing Rabbit Wish List/Donations
Thanks so much for visiting this page and considering a donation of items.
Are you planning a visit to Dancing Rabbit? Take a look through our Wish List below—is there anything that you have and no longer need? Bring it along!
If you’re not coming to visit but are cleaning your house and have something on our list, please contact our donations manager (donationsdancingrabbitorg?Subject=I%20Want%20to%20Donate%20Something) about how to get it to us.
- Consider bringing local produce from your area—it will be much appreciated!
- We are grateful for your donations. Additionally, they are tax-deductible.
- Please donate only items that are in good condition. We have neither the time nor resources to repair items coming in.
For any questions about anything donations-related, please contact me at donationsdancingrabbitorg.
Thanks so much!
Alline Anderson, DR Donations Manager
The Big Wish List Items
- Picnic tables and Outdoor Benches! As our village grows, we are running out of space to seat everyone at our (outdoor) community dinners. Can you help?
The Rest of the Wish List
Linens—What is it about towels? Somehow, they all seem to disappear. We suspect that they are hiding in the same place as all of those missing socks…
- Towels – Beach towels, bath towels, hand towels, wash cloths; in useable condition
- Kitchen towels—both terry and tea towels
- Blankets—Wool or cotton. Double or queen size.
- Sheets and pillowcases—double or queen sheets, both flat and fitted. We don’t care if they’re old, but please donate only sheets with some life left in them!
- Starts/seedlings from your own garden—heirloom/organic vegetables, herbs, native prairie flowers and other perennials
- Heirloom/organic seeds
- Spading forks
- Seedling trays
- Laptop computers (Mac or PC)
- Medium-sized Pots and Pans. (No aluminum or teflon, please)
- Flatware—The forks, knives and spoons in the Community Building seem to have all migrated to Uzbekistan.
- Canning jars—pints or quarts
- Gallon jars with lids—the food coops use these for bulk food storage
- Large canning pots (water bath canner with lid)
- Coffee or spice grinder
- Food processor
- Glass, ceramic or stainless steel food storage containers
- Metal mixing bowls, large
- Grain mill
- Electric food dehydrator
- Solar food dehydrator
- Sun Oven
- Clean T-shirts with a least one side blank (we silk screen our own logo shirts)
- Safety equipment—eye and hearing protection
- Paint brushes and rollers
- Tool belts/nail aprons
- Axes and mauls
- Chain saw—gas or electric
- Table tools (eg table saw)
- Drill press/router/belt sander/planer joiner
- Band saw
- 2 person log carriers
Building Supplies ***
- Dimensional lumber
*** We are beginning to source materials for our new Community Building. If you have building supplies, particularly regionally-harvested dimensional lumber, please consider a donation. For questions about specific supply needs, please contact Tony “Papa Bear” Barrett (pubabeargmailcom)
- Food in season and local to your location
- Working plastic spray bottles
- Clean 30-gal metal trash cans for grain storage
- Compact fluorescent or LED light bulbs
- Efficient wood burning stoves
- Working vacuum cleaner/shop-vac
- Pens (that write!)
- Spiral notebooks (8½ x 11″) with lots of empty pages left
- 3-ring binders, 1″ – 2″
- Solar panels
Music—A lot of music happens here, especially in the summer, when there are impromptu jam sessions in the courtyard and contra dances in the street. We’ve had requests for the following instruments from Rabbits. We don’t care if they’re old, but would appreciate them being in good condition, as learning an instrument is challenging enough already!
- Penny Whistle
- Rhythm instruments
- Ping pong balls
- Ping Pong paddles
- Rubber balls (the kind used for kick ball)
- Cross country skis, boots & poles
- Volleyball and volleyball net
- Soccer or basket ball
- Hockey sticks and pucks
- Orange cones
- Badminton set
- Ice Skates
- Inner tubes or rafts for pond
Furniture (please email first to ensure that we can use what you would like to donate)
- Arm chairs
- Folding chairs & tables
- Outdoor benches
- Picnic tables
Most buildings at DR are at least partially headed with wood. Every little bit helps!
Art and Crafts
- Fabric, uncut pieces at least ½ yard. Cotton, wool and blends. Please, no polyester
- Quilt batting
- Sewing accessories and supplies—fabric scissors, pins, needles, thread, marking pens/pencils/ patterns, etc.
- Knitting needles and crochet hooks
- Yarn—wool or cotton (please, no acrylic)
- Art supplies—paints (acrylic, oil, watercolor), brushes, clay, sketch pads, etc.
- Bike parts, tools, and supplies
- Bikes—especially mountain bikes
- Diesel generators/vehicles (please contact us before donating)
- Late model diesel passenger cars (please contact us before donating)
- Diesel passenger van or bus (please contact us before donating)
- Electric golf carts (please contact us before donating)
Magazine Subscriptions or RECENT back issues (from the past year). Please contact donations [at] dancingrabbit [dot] org before shipping. Please note: we do not need any more back issues of Mother Earth News.
- The Sun
- Herb Quarterly
- Permaculture Activist
- Organic Gardening
- Home Power
- Mother Earth News
- Natural History
- Small Farmer’s Journal
- Hobby Farm
- Field guides specific to the Midwest
- Recent books about sustainability
- Recent how-to books
- Recent non-fiction
- Cookbooks—Lately we’re enjoying: Joy of Cooking, The Farm’s New Vegetarian Cook Book, and Madhur Jaffrey’s World Vegetarian
- Efficient wood burning stoves
- 55-gallon metal or plastic drums
- Tipis, tents, yurts, etc.
- Burlap sacks
Games and Toys
Wow! Thanks to the generosity of many friends, we no longer need any children’s toys or books—our Kids’ Play Room is overflowing. However, if you have an extra of the following we’d be really excited!